Broken and Blessed by Father Josh Johnson
A millennial Catholic priest writes to his generation to answer their concerns with God and the Catholic Church and invites them to discover what they may have been missing.
Only 2 in 10 Americans under 30 believe attending a church is important or worthwhile.
Well over half of the young adults raised in the Church have dropped out—with many having a strong anti-Church stance, even believing the Church does more harm than good.
Fr. Josh Johnson was one of these people.
In Broken and Blessed, he tackles the harsh realities facing the Church in the 21st century.
With clarity and courage, he speaks to his own generation of Catholic Millennials, who often feel their needs and concerns are not being addressed by the Church; or who simply do not believe the Catholic Faith has any relevance to their lives.
Using his own experiences, both as a former struggling young Catholic and as a priest, Fr. Josh offers an inspiring witness of how he came to knowGod, rather than just knowing about him—and presents practical ways for us to truly know God as well.
Broken and Blessed:
- Addresses head-on Millennials’ most pressing issues with the Catholic Faith
- Presents powerful and inspiring stories from Fr. Josh’s own faith journey
- Shows how one can truly encounter Jesus in a personal way
- Offers practical insights on how to overcome habitual sins
- Discusses the nature of prayer, as well as the challenges to prayer and how to overcome them
Paperback, 173 pages